Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Great Wall of China by Beijing. Sept. 2010

We all started up on the Great Wall of China. Robert and Julie and Lana climbed to the third tower. (The one you can see just about our heads. ) This is the Badaling Section of the wall. I thought the lower tower was a great enough view for me.

The wall was built 2500 years ago to keep the invaders out of China. I don't think it was very successful. It has been said to be 5,500 miles long. The history tells that there were 1,000,000 soldiers who guarded the wall.


As you can see, the steps were pretty steep. But, oh, my goodness, Lana wasn't deterred from climbing to the top tower. She even had her cell phone and conversed with her family in Utah. I think they kept encouraging her to go to the top.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: