Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tyler's Homecoming






Thanks Liz for the suggestion to post this. She always has good ideas! We are pleased to announce that Tyler is home and safe from his tour in Afghanistan. He decided to surprise us and did he ever. He officially came home in his uniform, flowers in hand, on our doorstep delivered by Jim, Sandy, and Katie on July 20, 2007. (They were in on the surprise, but to their credit they only knew the day before!) He is doing well and it is so nice to feel like "normal" family again. I am just glad to have my best friend home with me again and I am so glad that Isaac and Alaina have their Daddy here to play with. Tyler is now currently doing some annual training down in San Diego and we will be picking him up with Jim and Sandy next week and we will be having a family vacation having fun at Sea World, Disneyland, and the Beach. We will then head to Vegas to visit with Tyler's best friend and his family for a few days. We are excited about it and we are excited that his finished. He served honorably and he was a trooper about everything to the very end. WE ARE SO PROUD OF HIM! We had a homecoming party for him this past weekend and our sweet neighborhood came to help us put it all together. Mayor Billings of Provo came and honored Tyler with the excellence in citizenship award for his efforts in Afghanistan. Tyler was very sweet and I felt honored by his comment after the party he said that I deserved that award more then he did and that they should have presented it to me. WOW! How sweet is that. I appreciate him appreciating me, because it was it was nothing sort of challenging doing it all on my own, but we were and are very blessed. I also just want to say that the Lord is mindful us in very step we take and there is nothing sweeter then relying on His power to comfort in times of trail, heart ache, and grief. I feel truly that He carried all of us over last 14 months and we are eternally grateful. Thank you to very one who supported us. There were days that I knew with out a doubt that people were praying for us and that knowledge alone helped me to carry on. I know that those prayers of protection were answered on Tyler's behalf. I know in one particular instant the reports said that bullets missed Tyler by inches!!! Thank you for not forgetting him in your prayers because they were answered in miraculous ways. We love all of you and we are looking forward to seeing everyone soon at the Jensen get togethers!

1 comment:

SLCDramaGirl said...

Dear Tyler, Meredith and family,
We really enjoyed your blog! We think you both are deserving of medals of honor. You are wonderful people! You love your family and you love the Lord. We are grateful for all Tyler does for our country, and we are grateful for the times Meredith has kept the home fires burning! We are honored to be related to both of you!
With love and gratitude,
Uncle Richard and Aunt Carol