Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Lewis Family Update






Hi!

We said goodbye to Ryan on Tuesday and many tears were shed. I just spoke to Ryan and he arrived in Germany today and will probably fly to Krygyzstan tomorrow. But, he said that Germany was having hurricane force winds so they may spend another day in Germany. We are doing okay, but we are all still adjusting to not having him around. Makenzie wrote "I LOVE YOU, DAD!" with each letter on a separate piece of paper. Then, she taped it to her wall above her bed. I walked into her room afterwards and she was sitting on her bed listening to some piano music on her Ipod. I asked if she was okay and she started crying. I just held her and we cried together. I've included some pictures taken when were at the airport with Ryan on Tuesday.

Morgan's middle school basketball team won their first game yesterday! Go Cheetah's!

Makenzie and Makayla started "Sport stacking" this week. Have you seen it before? The sport involves stacking sturdy, plastic cups in various formations in the fastest time. Makenzie has actually competed in the world championship sport stacking tournament in Denver for two years in a row! Yes, world championship tournament! People actually came from various countries to compete in this "sport". The gym coach at our elementary school has been coaching this at our school for many years. Each year over 80 students from our school participate and practice after school. This is Makayla's first year of sport stacking, and she can't wait to compete! :-) I'll try to remember to take a picture sometime and post it for you all to see.

Hope you are all staying warm!

Love you all!

Heather and family
xo

6 comments:

dockters said...

Hi Lewis Fam! We just want you to know that we are thinking about you and Ryan! You are all in our thoughts and prayers! We love you guys!

joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joyce said...

Hi Heather and Ryan! That made me cry to think about you and Makenzie hugging and crying! I'm sure that was a tender day! We are praying for all of you! Love, Joyce

SLCDramaGirl said...

Dear Heather, Ryan and FAM,
Thanks for the update! We're sorry to hear about the terrible weather in Germany!
We pray for Ryan's safety and the arm of the Lord to bless and comfort all of you!
Love always,
Mom
XOXOXOXOXXOX

LANA said...

Oh Heather, sweetheart! You are such a beautiful, strong young woman and it really does break my heart for you to have your sweet Ryan away at war. Thank goodness you are such a steady strength for your darling family and for Ryan. You, Ryan and kids are in our prayers. We pray that your burdens may be light. We LOVE you so much and wish you lived right next door! xoxoxo Aunt Lana

grandmaVerda/GrandpaLeon said...

Dear Heather, Ryan and Family. I am not sure Ryan is able to get into our Blogs, but we love all of the information and pictures you have sent. Thanks for sharing what is going on in your lives and know that you are all in our prayers every day. We are so proud of you as you share your testimony with your neighbors and set good examples for all of us to follow. We love the pictures. We are proud of Ryan as he serves our country so far away from home. Always and forever, Grandma VERDA and GRandpa LEON